Saturday, February 17, 2018

Vegan Protein Powder? Not a whole food... but...

Been doing the whole food / plant based diet for about 5 months now and I am going on almost 6 months of no alcohol.

I had a new / recent discovery.  I was starting to feel like my diet was really missing something and I thought about it and figured it might actually be a super easy / quick / digestible source of protein.  It was just a hunch.  So even though protein powders are NOT whole food they do have a ton of organic / natural / plant based options these days.  Doing some research I found this one got the best reviews for price, quality, and ingredients.

 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0021FEMZG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I plan to use that like I used to use whey protein.  Maybe like 1-3 scoops per day spaced throughout the day, used as a 'snack' between meals and after workouts as needed.  I already feel better after just a few days of using it.  Definitely feels like it made the difference.  

If you want to transition to a whole food / plant based diet... I recommend that you really go 100% whole food for 3 weeks... see how you feel.  After that u might want to consider protein powder or any other things that you feel like u might be missing.  

They say it takes about 30 days or so to have a life change like this really take affect.  I think 3 weeks is doable!  You can do anyth!ng!  

No comments:

Post a Comment