Sunday, July 1, 2012

Raced a 5k! What!?

At the last minute I decided to race the Ellicott City 5k, hosted by Rip It Events.  I didn't have any bike races this weekend and the EC5k donates so much to Adventures For the Cure that I figured I might as well go out and do it!  I have run about 3x in the past 5 weeks or so... not too bad.  I did a 1hr 20mile threshold ride the morning before the race and a 50mile road ride the day before, I am not about to let up too much on my bike training just to rest for a 5k!

Adam and Dan Miranda had a super close battle for 1st place!  Dan was able to edge Adam out buy mear seconds at the line to take the win.  they ran in just under 17minutes (16:50 or so).  For that superrrr hilly course that is pretty fast!  Both of those guys are saving some juice for the Arbutus 10k this Wednesday.

Matt Cooper, myself, and Adam
I finished in 4th place with a time of about 18:30... I kept a strong/consistent pace the entire race.  It was actually kind of fun to run "fast" again.

No comments:

Post a Comment