Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hilly Billy Roubaix

Well Hilly Billy Roubaix didn't go so well for me.  I was having a very hard time holding onto the leaders, they dropped me, then the chase group dropped me.  This all happened before mile 10.  Then at mile 10 I was flying down a gravel hill and I hit a huge ditch in the road.  I went over my handle bars, crashing hard.  I got back up and I thought I could keep racing until I noticed that my knee was very swollen.  I could not move it.  Luckily JR (race promoter) was right around the corner in a truck, he gave me some ice and I called it a day.

Since then I have recovered with no problems.  I just have a huge bruise on my knee.

I am not sure why I was dropped so easily at the beginning of the race, I should have been able to hang onto the leaders.  I have been having some pre-race heart palpitations on nights before races recently.  I think it is due to being nervous or anxious about the coming race.  Those heart palps make me feel weak.  I am working on resolving this issue so that I can continue to race and enjoy it!

Thom Parsons of cyclingdirt was nice enough to interview me post race.. even though I was a DNFers.

http://bigbikesmedia.cyclingdirt.org/coverage/249501-Hilly-Billy-Roubaix/video/643981-Patrick-Blair-Taken-out-by-a-pot-hole

No comments:

Post a Comment