Monday, October 8, 2012

Iron Cross... swwwweeeeeettttt!

Had a super fun ride at Iron Cross yesterday.  My teammates Adam Driscoll and Lance Byrd drove with me to the race.  Greg Rittler and Justin Taylor met us there.

The race started at a nice pace.  Adam and I were with the leaders into the first technical section (Lippencote).  I was feeling great and super comfortable with where I was.  About 1/2 way through Lippencote I flatted.  It took me way to long to fix the flat and there went my race.  After fixing the flat I regrouped and started racing hard again.  Even though I had no chance at a good placement I could still ride hard!  It was a super fun course and I had great legs, I will get em next time :)

Adam also fell off the pace in Lippencote with a leak in one of his tires.  His Stans sealed it up but it cost him precious minutes and he lost the front group.

Lance rode a near perfect race!  Nice work man!

No comments:

Post a Comment